L3 WESCAM is coming to United Kingdom January 2018 searching for talent.
Are you looking for a new opportunity at a growing company? Would you consider coming to Canada? Our global talent team is making 4 stops in United Kingdom this January, looking for several Engineering disciplines, Procurement & Supply Chain, and Program Management. We welcome you to come by and talk to our hiring managers about your career goals and potential opportunities at L3 WESCAM.
Here are the locations, dates and times:
- Newbury on January 16th – Double Tree by Hilton: 5pm – 8pm
- Leeds on January 18th – Queens Hotel: 5pm – 8pm
- Preston on January 19th – McDonald Tickled Trout Hotel: 3pm – 8pm
- Glasgow on January 20th – Grand Central Principal Hotel: 5pm – 8pm
Here are a few stats about our job opportunities in 2018 and beyond:
What’s it like working at L3 WESCAM?
L3 WESCAM’s success is due to our people. L3 WESCAM employees are diverse individuals who enjoy pursuing their chosen talents. We strive to provide an environment that will foster and enhance both career and life development. Find out more about our aerospace and defense careers here.
To help achieve success at L3 WESCAM, we provide:
- A 9/80 work week (find out what that means here)
- A work environment and culture in which our employees can flourish
- Meaningful work with leading-edge technology in the global market
- A learning organization where we encourage our employees to develop skills to their fullest potential
Please visit our website for more information on L3 WESCAM culture
What is it like living in Burlington, Ontario, Canada?
Burlington was not only rated best city of its size in Canada for 5 years running, it was also recognized as municipality of the year by Festivals and Events Ontario in 2016! Situated on the shores of Lake Ontario and conveniently located between Toronto & Niagara Falls, the beautiful city of Burlington awaits. Burlington has developed from a quiet bedroom community to a savvy, vibrant waterfront city. Strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area, Burlington offers a quality of life that is second to none with great schools, shopping, dining, recreational facilities, parkland, festivals and night life all available within the city. But don’t take our word for it. Visit the City of Burlington website and find out more.
What’s it like working in Canada?
You may be curious about the Canadian working culture in general and what to expect should you choose to apply to a position with us. Here are some general facts to get you started.
- Average working hours: the standard hours of work under the Canada Labour Code are 8 hours in a day and 40 hours in a week.
- Holidays: statutory holidays vary across provinces but there are nine at the national level.
- As in the UK, the typical way to apply for jobs is with a cover letter and CV (commonly known in Canada as a résumé). Your CV should include the standard information such as your contact details, past employment, education and skills and should usually not be longer than two pages.
- You don’t have to supply references on your CV but you should be prepared to provide them at your interview. You might be expected to give work-related, academic and personal references.
WESCAM technology provides defence agencies around the world the tools they need to protect the countries they serve. To find out more about our technology, check out WESCAM.com or visit us on YouTube. You can also visit us on Twitter at @L3WESCAM. If you are interested in talking with someone about how L3 WESCAM’s products and services can help improve your mission success please email us at sales.wescam@L3T.com